Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Grandma! Rest in Peace.

Today would have been my dear Grandmother Elizabeth's birthday.  I thought about her right away this morning, and before I had slept last night.  It would have been her 86th birthday, but my Grandma passed away last November 27, 2011.

I wept this morning, as I knew that we would not be speaking this time.  I would not be planning a birthday call, or 2 weeks ago, sending Grandma a present for her birthday today.  I can only hang onto the time she was alive and think about the years she lived.
It's nothing that I have shared with too many people, but I wish I could have done more for my Grandma.  Buy her a house, a new car, take her on a trip back to Germany, spend more time together and learn how to make more German food or crochet Christmas tree stars.  Just more and it's hard to let that go.  She was my favorite person in the whole world !  It's hard to let go.
 I miss you Grandma and will always miss you, and love you with all of my heart.
-Illaqueen

No comments:

Post a Comment